Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ragamuffin Garland

Do you guys remember when Nester taught us how to make Ragamuffin Garlands? (I wanted to link to her garland post, but I couldn't find it... sorry) Well ever since I read that post, I wanted to make one. I made Ragamuffin Flip Flops, that turned out uber-cute. My sister-in-law-to-be was preggers, so that was the perfect opportunity to make a sweet garland for my sweet niece-to-be.
Now, my sister-in-law-to-be and her hubby are TOTALLY adorable, and very modern, so pink and white froo-froo garland would probably not go over so well. Here is the bedding that is in the nursery, looking all cute and just waiting for that baby to come out.I decided my garland would be all the colors of the bedding - blue, brown, green, red, a little yellow, and a little white. Here's what it looked like last night....
It looks a little boyish, but I think it will end up being OK. I may add a little bit of white tulle throughout to make it a little more girly and fluffy. I have lots of these hidden inside of it...
And from these ring clips (that I found on clearance - $2/pack of 7) I will hang these ...

Don't know why this photo isn't rotated. I'm sorry. The letters are painted brown, and will hang from some cute polka-dot carolina blue ribbon.

Are you thinking "WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN PHOTOS OF THIS DARLING BABY??" Well, that's because she hasn't been born yet! Her mommy was due on Saturday, September 13th. She still isn't here. Her mommy and daddy are getting cranky in anticipation. Justin and I are waiting as patiently as we can for a phone call so we can SPEED to Raleigh to welcome our niece to the world. Believe me, there will be plenty of photos once she decides to show her face.

**And thanks to everyone for all the sweet comments about the florist fiasco. Nothing has been worked out yet, but hopefully it will be by next week. Keep your fingers crossed!**

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great gift - I'm visiting from another site I saw you on. I love your ideas.

TupeloLove said...

LOVE the garland! I wish I knew a little boo that was being born soon, I can't wait to try to make one! They're going to love it.

You and Leah and I should all get together some time and have a girly craft night or something. How fun would THAT be?