Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Before...

My oh my, have we been busy! Lots of showers, thank you notes, planning and cleaning. Every day (did you catch that, June?) we have been blown away by our friends' and family's generosity! Thank you, everyone! Here is one of many photos from our shower at Kendra's on Saturday...I can't wait to use my gift card to My First Kitchen!

This weekend, I decided to start the overhaul on one of our guest bedrooms. You know, in all my free time. It is definitely going to take some time to get it just right, especially since I threw my original plans for the room completely out the window. So, here's a shot of the before... it is so ugly, I couldn't bear to be close to the room...


Yes, electric lime/yellow walls with a fluorescent orange closet. You have to believe me when I say I love my house... We loved it so much that we could quickly overlook this putrid room. Stay tuned for "Almost After" photos!

8 comments:

Inspired Kara said...

I'm back!!! I finally posted today!!!

I've been so busy! And just got back from a wedding planning weekend with my best friend in Nashville.

Sevreal wedding posts to follow!

Liz Harrell said...

Oh girl, I know. We bought our house despite it's lime green/purple motif throughout. Yikes.

Kristen said...

Oh if only I had a house with ugly colors to hate....can't wait to see what you do with the space!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thank you for your correct use of "every day."

Why would anyone paint a closet orange?

Kimba said...

Hey girl! You guys are so adorable! I'm excited for you.

I can't wait to get back down there so I can take one of Kendra's classes.

And I'd be tempted to leave the closet orange. It's good for a laugh. :-)

TupeloLove said...

Can't WAIT to see pictures. We designers love this sort of thing!!

leah said...

I'm so glad that you guys are having so much fun at all your showers!! Only a little longer now!!!

Can't wait to see the pics of your transformed room... I know it'll look fabulous when you're done with it!

Debbie said...

The floors are really nice! A little paint can change any room - I love paint! I know you have made it beautiful!