Monday, November 3, 2008

A Great Weekend

If any of you know me in real life, you know that I hardly ever get a "free" weekend. This weekend was a dream come true!

First of all, Halloween was fun - we decked out the front porch for our trick or treaters, complete with orange lights, candles, jack-o-lanterns, and a sparkly black cat. I bought a witch's hat from WalMart for $2, and let that count as my costume. We had a grand total of 4 trick or treaters. A little disappointing, but fun to share our first Halloween together in our new house!

Saturday, we met at Mimi's for breakfast with our good friends Chris and Molly. Chris is officiating our wedding, and Molly is helping with programs/guestbook. We had a great time planning out the order of the wedding ceremony and catching up with them! If you all haven't been to Mimi's lately, you need to go because they have pumpkin pancakes. Enough said.

Saturday evening, we had a couples wedding shower that was SO much fun! My good friend from college and her husband drove all the way up from Atlanta, and it was a highlight of the night to get to see them! Thanks, Leah and Kyle! (Leah - I'm stealing the photo from your blog!)
We were definitely showered with so many great gifts, but the best part was being with friends, and hearing their "recipes" for a good marriage. Noah, my godson and ring bearer, was so excited for the party, and wanted to be in on all the fun...

The cake was absolutely beautiful, and DELICIOUS!!They planned a game for us to play where Justin and I had to feel all the girls/guys legs and decide which legs belonged to each other. Wait, that sentence is confusing. I had to pick Justin's legs out of a crowd... (and let it be known that I picked correctly!)...and Justin had to pick my legs out of the crowd! (He was able to narrow it down to me, and my friend Katie, but he picked Katie as his final answer!)Here is a shot of us with all the couples that threw the shower for us....(L to R: Adam and Katie, Jimmy and Holly, Justin and Me, Emily and Stephen, and Leslie and Howie) Thanks, everyone!! We had a blast!!

Sunday morning, I woke up and did the unthinkable. Instead of cleaning, planning, exercising, etc., I picked up my copy of Twilight and finished it. Man, oh Man, is it so good... I can't wait to start the next book in the series! After reading for a few hours, I had to start being productive. I wrote all the thank you notes from the shower, and started putting away gifts. In the process of putting away gifts, we filled up 4 huge bags with stuff to take to Goodwill! (All you Greensboro Goodwill Junkies, our stuff will be at the Goodwill on Battleground - I will laugh if I see photos of my old stuff on your blogs!)

I hope your weekend was great, too! Don't forget - this Saturday is THOSE CREATIVE WOMEN!!!

6 comments:

leah said...

It was so great to see you too and get to catch up! I thought it was HILARIOUS that we were wearing almost the same dress from Gap Outlet hahaha too funny! I can't believe you already got all your thank you notes written... you go girl! Hope you guys have so much fun this weekend with your "those creative women" event!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a very blessed weekend! I'm glad you had some down time to enjoy.

Inspired Kara said...

What a fun weekend! You are probably talking about Mimi's cafe aren't you? The place of delicious muffins, the place my mom and I adore for breakfast and sigh... the place that has the pumpkin pancakes I am OBSESSED with.

Are we friend soul mates or something? GEEZ!

Kristen said...

Sounds like so much fun. I'm sitting here with my mouth watering as I look at that cake. Ugh! I just want some Delicious! And by the way, I'll be in town next weekend for your show/event/gathering/whatever. I'm exciting to see y'all!

TupeloLove said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time!! You looked gorgeous dah-ling!

P.S. Your word verification was Pheeb - like your dog!! Weird....

My First Kitchen said...

I'm hitting up Goodwill. Score. And that sounds like such a fun weekend!! Can't wait to see you this week!