Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweenie!

Boo!
We only bought one pumpkin this year.
Yep, only one. The big one that looks like it is rotting, but really it is just dirt. He was $14. The other 6 pumpkins - FREE! It seems than I have much better luck at church pumpkin patches than I do at Goodwill, yard sales, thrift stores... I guess waiting until the night before Halloween to buy your pumpkins has it's perks. We decided to only carve one Jack-O-Lantern so the rest of the pumpkins could stick around for Thanksgiving decor until they rot. We have a new tradition of watching The Office on Thursday nights with our mentor couple (now great friends), the Shades. We carved pumpkins with them - here is their's... his name is Jean Luc. (He is french, duh)
They took photos of the action last night - I'll share them with you when I get them. The rest of our little punkins have moved in around our friend, Gladys.Ain't she cute? Do you know what else is cute? All the weeds that have grown THROUGH the bed of leaves surrounding our house. (We refuse to clean up ANY leaves until they have all fallen.) Have a safe and fun night Trick or Treating, and have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

This is too awesome! I have learned that as well. We're getting our pumpkin today because they tie in all the way through the Thanksgiving season.
Do you ever pop into the Junior League Bargain Box when you are down town? It is an upscale Good will...great for clothes since it's all the Jr. League ladies giving their stuff.

leah said...

such cute pumpkins... haha but I do agree the ones we carved at the cabin were the best!! See you Sat!!

Debbie said...

I will remember this next year - Most of the time they don't make it to Halloween without starting to melt. My Mickey pumpkin is looking really sad now.

Inspired Kara said...

1. These pumpkins look wonderful.

2. Yes, I travel :) However I know NOTHING about wedding flowers, but I'm learning!!

3. Oh how I wish we could go to that movie together. We will need to have a post viewing conference!

Tarva said...

Oh no, something else I forgot to do. Buy pumpkins and candy. Maybe I'll run out and see if the church pumpkin sale is over. I still have a few hours before the munchins will be knocking on the door.

Liz Harrell said...

Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

Jennifer P. said...

Love Gladys the witch--the name is fitting!

No--I didn't really get Louboutins. I talk a good shoe game, but I'm really more of a Nine West at Macy's kind of girl :)! If there really WAS a Great Pumpkin--he would bring me shoes though ;)!