Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's a small bloggy world

Wowee, y'all! Just when I thought that this blogging thing was kind of a waste of time, Jennifer decided to write another great post that encouraged me to actually COMMENT on the blogs that I read everyday. Usually I comment on my real-life friends' blogs, but not on the blogs of "famous" people. So yesterday I went on a comment spree... The Nester, Jennifer, Mabel's House... and then, the unthinkable happened! I was babysitting Ollie (officially one of the cutest kids on the planet, i'll post a pic of him later...), and after he went to sleep, I checked my email. Right there before my very eyes... COMMENTS ON MY BLOG. WOOT WOOT! Sweet Jennifer just commented until her little comment heart was content. And then, another comment from another Jennifer... we actually know each other in real life, but not in the bloggy world. How did she find my blog? Oh, just by me commenting on the Nester's blog. I am hoping that this will all take flight. Until December, this will be more or less my journal for "engaged" life, and after December, who knows! Maybe it will be my journal for married life, maybe my platform for design philosophy and inspiration, maybe just photos. Whatever this is or will be, I am really excited about it! Maybe I need to get a custom blog layout, then I'll be a real blogstress.

And just because every blog post is better with a photo... here's one of me and my honey :)
Taken by Marie Cox, over at Phreckles Photography. Hands down my favorite photographer of babies, children, families, engaged couples and weddings. Check her out and fall in love for yourself. :)

4 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Hi Lauren! Thanks so much for the comment you left yesterday, I really appreciated it! I'm glad you said hello! You're right... comments open up a whole new world of coorespondence in blog world.

The pic of you two is adorable and I look forward to reading more about your upcoming wedding!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

That picture is AWESOME!! Ok...head on over there...the one on Battleground. They had tons of little wedding things - brand new from Target. They had wedding gift bags, some cute cards, and a few other things in a pile that I didn't pay attention to since weddings are not in the forefront of our mind.:)
You could find treasures for your house.:)

The Nester said...

I LOVE your blog design, girl!!!

And, I have now memorized your wedding date! Darling photo!

Wilson Ramblings said...

you guys are so adorable! Can't wait to see you guys tonight at Sisters at Starbucks and finally meet oficially!